This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Product or Portal.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and BioIntelliSense through the Product or Portal.
- When and where available, through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Portal.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us through any other means, including on any other website operated by us (such as biointellisense.com); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Product and Portal.
Note, BioIntelliSense is not a medical group. Any medical advice or care obtained through our Product and Portal or the use of our Services will be provided by your health care providers (each, a “Provider”), not BioIntelliSense. Your Provider is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not BioIntelliSense. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Product or Portal, and you must promptly exit our Product or Portal.
Some information BioIntelliSense collects constitutes protected health information (“PHI”) under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). As set forth above, your Provider will provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not BioIntelliSense, Inc. Accordingly, BioIntelliSense will use PHI only for the purpose for which it was collected and we only collect the information we need to fully perform our services, to respond to you or your Provider, or as otherwise permitted by the Provider or applicable law. We may use your PHI to contact you, to provide requested services, to provide information to your Providers and insurers, to obtain payment for our services, to respond to your inquiries and requests, to improve our products or services, and to respond to inquiries and requests from your Providers and benefits program. We may combine your information with other information about you that is available to us, including information from other sources, such as from your Providers, insurers or benefits program, in order to maintain an accurate record of our participants. PHI will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, without your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
This Product and Portal are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not collect or maintain information from people we actually know are under 18 years old. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years old, we will use our commercially reasonable efforts to remove that person’s information from our database. If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must not access or use the Product or Portal. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (888)-908-8804.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Product or Portal, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, body sound recordings (similar to a stethoscope), date of birth, gender, medical history, health information, or other information defined as “Protected Health Information” under HIPAA/HITECH laws and regulations (“personal information”);
- About your use of our Product and Portal, time and date of visits to our Product or Portal and information about your wearable BioIntelliSense device; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Product or Portal and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Product or Portal. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties; for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Product or Portal may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or in association with our Product or Portal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Product or Portal, subscribing to or purchasing our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Product or Portal.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- From use of our wearable BioIntelliSense device and through your Provider.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Product or Portal, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to or use of our Product or Portal, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Product or Portal.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”). Please email us at email@example.com for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Portal and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Product or Portal and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- To improve our products and services;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Product or Portal according to your individual interests or needs.
- Recognize you when you return to our Portal or use the Product again.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Portal and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present and provide our Product or Portal and its contents to you.
- To process, fulfill, support, and administer your account, products, and services ordered or requested by you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To administer surveys, promotions, or contests.
- To create statistical data sets to better provide our services, and to improve our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Product or Portal, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Product or Portal.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are generally bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services and marketing services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Product or Portal users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- As directed, consented to, or authorized by your Provider.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information further used by us to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided by us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can change your personal information sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, or to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account where one exists. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
With respect to any PHI BioIntelliSense may obtain, you have certain rights under HIPAA to access your data, to restrict use and disclosure of it, to request communication methods, to request corrections to your data, to receive an accounting of disclosures and to receive notice of any breach. To exercise these rights, we may direct you to your Provider to fulfill your request, or seek your Provider’s permission to do so before fulfilling such request. See the Notice of Privacy Practices provided to you by your Provider for more information.
Our goal is to protect your Personal Information submitted to us through this Product or Portal. We maintain reasonable administrative, organizational, and technical safeguards to protect and limit access to your personal information. This includes encrypting the data at rest on the BioSticker and within BioCloud as well as encrypting during transmission (in motion) between the BioSticker, BioHub, BioCloud and to our client’s applications. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. Therefore, while we take reasonable measures to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via the Internet to our Product or Portal. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Product or Portal.
Last modified on March 16th, 2020